Saturday, October 6, 2012

Project 2: Proposal


History lays among us, everywhere we step has a story. Historic markers tell some of theses stories but many are left unknown. With this idea in mind led me to think of this personal connection I have with Ed Gein , a murder and body snatcher whom lived in Plainfield. Seeing as this projects parameters was that the event had to be held in the Milwaukee area this led me to think of Jeffery Dahmer, serial killer of Milwaukee.  For this project I want to visit the sites of Dahmer’s events, including places where he picked up his victims, where he purchased his supplies and of course where he did his killings.  I want to experiment with this project, thinking about the different ways in which I can shoot such as from who’s point of view. I would like to think of this as a palmary sketch to eventually taking it further and photographing Ed Gein’s sites comparing and contrasting the two. My plans for shooting this would be to visit these sites at different times of day shooting a about 50 or so images at each location digital and also shooting it in film, editing process I would want to be minimal in order to keep these photos true to nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment